Thursday, March 13, 2008

Why read this blog?

We assume that children naturally knows how to play. They play at the playground, they play in the bathroom, they play with that drinking straw, they play with just about anything. Children learn through play, and so we are told. So, we want to find play ideas; play activities that can best stimulate our children's development. There are children who find it difficult to come up with ideas as to how to play. There are also children whose sensory, motor and cognitive ability are hindering their ability to play. Parents of these children struggle to find the right activities to do with their children so as to best maximise their potential. I have the luxury of working with parents and children who shared their play ideas with me over the last thirteen years. And thanks to my two children, I have been exploring various parts of Singapore. Hence, I decided to start a blog to pen all the play ideas that flows through my mind as I visit the various playgrounds and parks in Singapore. I hope this blog will provide you with lots of ideas as to how to best make use of the environment to stimulate the children's development. Remember, the most fun part of play is the company, enjoy your child!

1 comment:

The Icon of Reflection said...

This is such a wonderful blog to be read by parents and therapists! I'm very encouraged to read it. Jia You Peng Chian! Maybe i should look around to observe the types of playgrounds here in NYC, and do some reflection too... hmmm... :-)